I have been doing an enormous amount of driving since I have moved back to Arkansas. I think around 2000 miles, give or take.
Driving and travelling that I have enjoyed immensely because I had been gone for 10 years and was chomping at the bits to get back to my home state so I could rediscover it.
And what goes hand in hand with travel?? FOOD!
So, this FFF is a partial listing of restaurants where I have eaten. All recommended.
- Skycrest Restaurant-Mt. Magazine State Park – Paris, AR – the chicken fried chicken and stuffed mushrooms are the best I’ve ever had
- Chipotle Mexican Grill – Conway, AR – New Store-good food just like the others
- Osaka Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar – Hot Springs, AR- The Oh My God! Roll is highly recommended.
- The Hungry Greek -Hot Springs, AR-Great food and very friendly service
- The Flying Burger – Magnolia, AR – Shrimp Po-Boy is my favorite
- Spudnut Shop – Magnolia, AR – donuts made with potato flour, savory breakfast items- both highly recommended
- Cagle’s Mill Restaurant (Clarion Inn) – Russellville, AR-great bar selection, highly recommend loaded baked potato
- War Eagle Mill Restaurant – Rogers/War Eagle, AR – Chicken Salad is to die for!
- La Fogata de Marco – Haynesville,LA – Top notch mexican – great atmosphere
- Pace’s Seafood – Springhill, LA – take-out only- shrimp boil is great and fried fish and shrimp plates are recommended
- Home Plate Cafe – Blue Springs/Hot Springs Village, AR – try to catch the weekend special of prime rib – well worth it and highly recommended
If you find yourself traveling through any of these towns in Arkansas or north Louisiana, make sure and give them a try!
My next destination restaurant I haven’t tried yet is the Oark General Store & Cafe in Ozone, AR.
Stay tuned to find out what I eat!